Sportiva(November 2018) Yuzuru Hanyu


 Except for Jr GP, until now, this is the 1sttime I’ve been able to win my GP debut, so I’m very happy. Certainly, there’re still lots of under-rotation, and wobbly jumps, and though I managed to do well with the spins, in my opinion, there are still many problems. Firstly, (spins’) centralization was not good, then programs’ elements weren’t perfect, but in both SP and FS, there wasn’t any crucial mistake, so right now, I think, being able to generally do everything (though not perfect) is already a great outcome.

Regarding the records, there’d be much to be said about that (for others) in my opinion. Firstly, I’ve surpassed 100 points in SP, but in the FS, I wasn’t capable of breaking 200 points mark as my goal. Nevertheless, I didn’t stumble in steps or lose any jumps, and I didn’t fall, which I think might be good.

Before the previous day’s SP, he was quite nervous. However, for the free on November 4th, “In the short, I somehow have my advantage, so I skated with excitement”, he said.
(omission of competition description)

I’ve successfully landed 4T3A combo without under-rotation, but for me, it must receive proper GOE to be consider a success. The axel is also a special jump, and in the 2ndhalf, I’ve always strongly wanted to incorporate 2 3As, so although I thought “Let’s do this jump!”, if I didn’t get good GOE, I feel like my special feeling for the axel wouldn’t be meaningful enough. 

In this season, GOE is of great importance. When I look back at my performance, it’s not “I landed everything” but must be “Everything was properly done” kind of performance.

I think this competition’s result was thanks to ACI’s. I realized something very important in that competition that I can still continue to improve myself to a greater extent. I’d been practicing 4A even before ACI, but when I received the result (from ACI), I noticed that, “Right now it isn’t suitable for practicing it yet”

Right now, I myself really want to do the 4A, but at the moment, the no1priority should be pulling off a perfect SP and FS. I think “Skate and win at all cost” has become a very important, and that if I can skate these 2 programs properly, I will be able to offer my respect to those 2 (Weir and Plushenko). Johnny watched my SP the other day, and I’m very happy about that, but it wasn’t a perfect performance. Thus, I will try my best to achieve the performance that I’ve been longing for.

Next time, whether I will manage to pull off the same performance or even better performance, is the challenged I pose for myself. 

I, once more, look forward to (competing at) Russia.