Cup of Finland Interview (2) Yuzuru Hanyu


In the 3rdevent of GP series, Hanyu Yuzuru (23yo, ANA) who was in 1stplace after SP, has landed the world’s 1st4T3A combination. He scored 190.43 in the free, and 297.12 in total, which enabled him to win with world records.
He won his Grand Prix debut. “Finally, I’m able to start anew. I really did manage to win in my Grand Prix series debut. Finally, a win at my GP series debut.” Hanyu expressed his fulfillment.

He was able to win with an amazing performance. That couldn’t be treat lightly. “I was not satisfied with the Loop, and there were other elements that weren’t satisfactory. (At the end), I had to crouch down on my feet a little bit. Somehow, I’ve managed to fight hard. 

In the 2ndhalf of his performance, he was also able to land 4T3A combo. “If I can’t earn (good) GOE, it’s quite meaningless”.
“I talked with Mr. Uchimura from gymnast, and was told, “Managing the final pitch is a must. If you’re able to do it, it would be a great success for yourself”. He said, with firm determination (or burning fighting spirit)