Cup of Finland Interview (3) Yuzuru Hanyu


Q: You’ve set the world records in your GP debut with confidence.
A: I’ve not been able to win in my GP debut before, so firstly I’m happy. My program was not perfect, but up till now, I’ve managed not to fall (or hold the landing of all jumps). Being able to do that in both the SP and Free is already a great output.
 
Q: You’ll improve your program further (increase their completion)
A: Yes. To be honest, since I think I was able to perform well in this GP debut, this meaningful competition is well-spent. When I am met with challenges, I think my heart is full of fire. (The literal meaning was “caught in a cyclone of fire”).
 
Q: How is your goal – 4,5 revolution jump taking shape? And do you plan to incorporate it in your program?
A: (The current level of competition is) About 5%. If it’s at 20%, I could (incorporate it), but at 5% there is still a very thick wall to overcome (risky). Also, until the upcoming Japan Nationals (in December), I think I may not be able to practice it. Cup of