Challenger Cup Q&A Rika Kihira (2)


”I have truly shown my best self”.

(omitted ranking and performance report)

Q: How did you feel after finishing the FS?
A: Regarding the content of my program, I have truly shown my best self. I am very happy.

Q: Your performance is in sync with the music.
A: This season, I’ve been practicing intensely throughout (many) competitions. This time, there were many things, and some slipups, but it was good that I could focus in the competition.

Q: What’s your expectation towards the World Championship?
A: In SP, I want to deliver a “no-miss” program and surpass my current personal best, and in the FS, I want to skate clean with no mistakes, and go over my personal best as well. If I’m able to win, that’s very nice, but right now, I think I want to land my 3 triple axels (at Worlds).

Q: Have you been able to enjoy The Netherlands?
A: I only went around Amsterdam once, where I did sight-seeing at beautiful streets. At the rink (of the competition), I received warm cheering, so it was nice.