Challenger Cup Q&A Rika Kihira (1)

“I was nervous during the 6min warm up”

(omitted score report)

Q: Looking back on the SP?
A: My performance was good, but my score wasn’t satisfactory. Maybe it was affected by the UR (on 3T in combo). I want to try to correct this tomorrow. 

Q: You’ve planned to jump 3A instead of 2A for the first jump? 
A: In this morning and yesterday’s practice sessions, considering my success rate, I think I’m good with jumping (3A). However, in the 6-min warm-up, I was a little bit nervous. At the end (of warm-up), I thought to myself “Let’s try to jump (3A) in the performance (since her condition is ok)”, until then, the ice wouldn’t change much anyway, and it was easier for me (to stick to 3A), so I decided (on jumping 3A).

Q: How did the (main) rink feel?
A: There’re places where (the ice) is very soft, and the surface is uneven (TN: I interpret in this way bc she said “float, and not float”, so this is a rink with special characteristics. It is a little bit different from practice rink, but I didn’t have to change the way I jump, so that’s very good.

Q: How is your injured (dislocated) ring finger before 4CC?
A: Before coming here, it impacted me a little, but after 2 days (after coming to comp), I got used to it, and I pay special attention in order not to let it affect my jump, and I was able to jump well. I’ve got used to it.

Q: This is the final competition before the World Championship?
A: The atmosphere at the World Championship will be very different. There’ll be (intense) competitive tension, and such. Right now, at this place, I couldn’t feel like I am competing at Worlds. Until Worlds, regarding my training, I think it’s vital that I stay aware of what I need to improve, such as reviewing unsatisfying spins and focused for Worlds

Q: (From Dutch reporter) Do you like the Netherlands?
A: The streets are so beautiful.