ACI 2019 Translation Summary-Yuzuru Hanyu

I. Articles:
Sponichi Interview (2019/09/13):Blog post
Jiji Press Compilation: Blog post
Sponichi Compilation: Blog post

II. Tweets

1. Javi came to Toronto for Japan Open programs. He hugged Yuzu. Told the press:
“He’s strong. We all know“ Tweet

2. On skating his last season's programs again:
“There’re things that can’t be said to be perfect. I don’t want to end while losing. I want to end these programs at their completeness, without regrets. I want to go to comps I couldn’t join last ss. I want to perform properly these emotion-packed programs.” Tweet

3. On quints and 4A
Yuzu is training quints with harness to increase the rotation speed of 4A. He had tried 5S and 5T and landed 5T in harness according to Coach Ghislain.


JChan! 
Yuzu evaluated his 4A as follows:
 “On a scale of 100%, it’s somewhere around 40%. I will keep time (track its progress) while practicing it.” Tweet

Every
He’ll challenge 4A in this season, but first at ACI he’ll challenge the 4Lz and/or new jump combination. 
”Last year, and the year before that, I was injured, so I couldn’t get good results and I was really bitter. Being injured is a big set back, so for now I want to skate in good health for 1 season” Tweet

Going
”The feeling of my quints in harness is very good. I have landed beautiful 4A(s) in harness, so my sense of the jump is improving.” 
He would set aside time if possible for additional 4A training.
About his injury in the left ankle while training quints: 
“It took about 4 weeks. I stopped taking painkillers and recovered well. I want to do a lot of training and compete in many competitions (after all).” Tweet

4. On his SP
“Otonal is constructed originally with twizzle entry for 3A. This is the first time I jumped smoothly with this entry. This matches the music best. I really wanted to do this. In my opinion this is the closest to 100% of my axel” Tweet

JChan 
"I don’t make that mistake (4S) even in practice, maybe there’s something missing in terms of feeling. I’ll try to redeem my feeling tomorrow, and firstly I’ll adjust my body, and I hopefully I can deliver a proper performance tomorrow” Tweet

Going

 About the Salchow:
”In the end I thought about my failure at the World Championship so..”.
 About the axel:
“This time(SP), I’m satisfied with the axel”.
Overall:
“For myself who aims for perfection, it’s good that I found things I need to correct. I wanted to reach completion but I haven’t managed to do that here. Tomorrow, It’ll be nice if I can redeem myself with good jumps” Tweet
5. On his FP
“The jumps were in good condition until takeoff but somehow it became regrettable. I’m thankful for the Loop and Salchow for holding themselves together firmly. I want to skate with no mistakes properly “ Tweet
6. On Beijing Olympics 
"It (Beijing) is on the track of my prolonged skating career"
On 4A: "It's the reason why I'm striving until now". 
7. On the future 


They asked him how he's gonna deal with Beijing, he replied shortly:
"If it continues like this, I'll appear (try to qualify)".  Tweet
"Maybe considering my scores in the first competition of the season, I somehow did ok. However, regarding this score, it can't lag on. I'll make use of the experience in competition, and prepare for the next one" Tweet
“(I want to think about) how to approach competitions, and there are new matters that must be contemplated. I shall analyze them properly, then respond in my own manner” Tweet
“The frustration is there, but at this competition, I felt like my developmental potentials can still be expanded. From now on as I go on against greater challenges, I think that one day when looking back, I’d see that thanks to this competition, I can become stronger.” Tweet

 Edit: 
1. Updated 2019/09/15