Skate Canada Translation - Yuzuru Hanyu

Congratulations on Yuzu's magnificent victory at Skate Canada!!!!

Practice:

Tweet
The reason for writing “...” after his “Feel the journey” theme was that he was thinking of evolution, growth, the future. He wants to look at the overall picture and treasure every single thing on the journey. Among all of this, there’ll be setbacks and hindrance or even serious injury, but he wants to think about every single thing while growing and moving forward toward the future
Tweet
“I’m in a well-prepared condition as always. I want to feel what it’s like here and adjust daily. I want to aim for no-miss programs, but at the same time, I want to level up my quality step by step and deliver captivating performances. Properly managing those tasks would be my biggest goal”
Tweet
"Of course, I have the feeling that I want to win, but also the strong urge to raise my performance quality. Firstly while feeling every single thing I should do, I’ll push my spirt higher towards the SP”
Tweet
Yuzu’s aim for this season: “Right now, my strongest feeling is to reclaim my GPF title. I’m getting there, understanding (in detail) how I should sharpen up my sensation, or with which feeling I should prepare to face my performance. At this comp, I want to win while learning”

Short Program

Tweet
Yuzu checked his costume at the end bc he thought it might have been torn. He also confirmed they changed the arrangement of Otonal costume's details.
Tweet
“I changed my practice method in the period from WC to ACI. Up to WC, when I failed the first jump, I restarted from the beginning and worked while keeping “no mistakes should be made” in mind. At that time, I only thought about “no-miss”. That’s not wrong, but the idea of focusing on the 1st jump was becoming flimsy as I went on. So I did my run through for 1-2 mins when getting on the ice, and during that time, I practiced while being fixated on that “I have to land the 1st 4S at all cost”. I think that led to today’s result.”

Free Program

Tweet
"It's been a long time, even in the SP, since I had a performance that I consider a victory against myself from my heart. I placed pressure (on myself) before coming to this competition. I had strong feelings that I want to win Skate Canada"
Tweet
"I've been able to achieve my goal this time, but the loop wasn't landed beautifully, so there's a bit of dissatisfaction. I want to advance my practice while confirming things that are important and could be used as weapons"
Tweet
"This program is at its 20-30%. I want to include 4A, and maybe 4Lz in its final form. I don't know yet, but...I want to aim even higher to manage this kind of performance"
Tweet
"I was very calm in the SP, but now, I don't know if that's the right way to concentrate. Now I'm seeing a wall. If I can surpass this wall, I can see the good view (beyond it). I'm thinking in that way."
Tweet
Asked about what he shouted out at the end: "I shouted, "I won--! ". I won at Skate Canada"
Tweet
Reason for 4T3F replacing 4T3S: “I was doing it bc first of all it has a higher BV. It’s in the 2nd half. So did 4T3A but it wasn’t worth it if it didn’t gain high points. This time, I wanted to use something practical for my battle. Sal(as the 2nd jump in combo) is easier bc I can turn my body with edge's assistance. Toe jump (Flip) is more difficult”